What is ShopOps Skills Inventory?
Skills Inventory is a feature found in ShopOps that allows you to keep track of your technicians’ training and skills, so you can build a well-rounded team of professionals. Follow these steps to make sure that your technicians skills are correctly added, so they can properly document every repair and offer your customers a fully documented Certified Repair!
How to Use Skills Inventory in ShopOps:
- Go to AssuredPerformance.net and log in using your ShopOps username and password.
- Select HR & SKILL SETUP from the right hand side of your screen.
- Next, select SKILLS INVENTORY as located directly under the EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT tab.
- You will now be able to explore 75 skills in 5 separate categories and assign an employee to each skill they are qualified for. (Still need to add your team members’ information to ShopOps? It’s easy! Click here.)
- As an example, let’s start with Skill #1 under the Refinish Skills category. Click on the + sign in the column second from right.
- A box will pop up with an explanation of this skill: “Capability to identify vehicle construction materials”
- Select an employee from the drop down menu who possesses this skill.
- You will also be able to upload proof of their qualifications and certifications.
- Click Save.
- Continue to assign a qualified technician to each skill, as you move down the list.
This allows you to look for the skills that will help you create a well-rounded team!
In order to use Skills Inventory, you must first have a roster of employees entered in your ShopOps profile. Keep reading to learn how to add and update employee information in ShopOps.
- First, select the HR & SKILL SETUP while logged into ShopOps.
- Next, select the EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT at the top left hand side of the screen.
- You will then select CREATE NEW USER at the bottom of the page to add a new employee.
- Choose EDIT USER INFO in the relevant employee line to change their information.
That’s it! You’re now on the way to building a talented team of technicians that can properly documented Certified Repairs! Scroll back up to Step 3 to complete your Skills Inventory!
When the time comes to expand your workforce, refer to the list of qualifications in Skills Inventory to get a clear understanding of what to look for in a new employee. You will also learn through this Inventory what your staff’s strengths are, which is a key to success for any business.
Need more help with your ShopOps Management tools? Contact us to schedule a demo or watch our video on how to use ShopOps Skills Inventory, HERE.